1/27/2012

Follow up on the garden project I started yesterday.

So, it's a rainy day, not the best for pictures outside.. or could be, I don't know.. I decided to take a few regardless, to show the progress in the garden so far.. To be honest, it's kind of a mess right now, and i think I made a mistake on something already, so that is soon to change. The problem is, I could spend so much money getting all kinds of cool stuff for the garden, but I  really need to stay  in a lower than low budget.

Here is a picture of the flower/vegetable bed renewed. It shows that I left the lettuce outside of it, partly because I didn't have more tiles to make it bigger and partly because there just isn't that much room to begin with. And the lettuce turning into trees means it's probably time to finish it off soon.


So, look at the picture and try to figure out what I meant with the mistake I already made... ... ... the mulch in the flower bed. It's too dull colored. Looks like brown leaves. I went with the cypress mulch because at the store I thought it would look cool (and it was like 2dollars for a huge bag), but I clearly see that it's just blending everything together the way I didn't mean to. Oh well, I guess I better back to Lowe's to get a bag of black mulch instead, and maybe another bag of the color I have for the general area around. There it looks good, but in the flower bed, not really. The plants need more contrast.



Okay, why is it sideways?? I have it the right way on the computer, but when I upload it, it turns, and I can't find where to rotate here in the blog.... argh! Frustrating!!!

Anyway, here was how it looked yesterday, so even with wrong kind of mulch, it's better already.



I got  a few other shots before the camera battery died. So here we go progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment