11/11/2011

I haven't updated in a little while. I don't think it's been busy, not much has been going on. And I was sick, a cold. Almost lost my voice completely when I went back to work because I was still recovering and I had to speak on the phone all day. But now it's weekend again and I'm taking it very easy. Did some grocery shopping in a new supermarket I found today. It's called Bravo and seemed like most of the customers were Spanish speaking.. it was a pretty small modest store but they had some really good prices and everything was really fresh. I dragged Chris with me and I think he was not so happy to shop there but hey, we got a some cheap good food!

Thanksgiving is around the corner and I guess that's cool.. I don't really care that much about it though, and then I found out I have to work Christmas day.. a ten and half hour shift. I'm really mad about it because I was told when I started work there I would get Christmas off if I volunteered some other holidays. So I worked July 4th and Labor Day. But now they decided Christmas is just a normal working day and we get it back on the 26th.. how stupid!!! They don't even pay any extra for that, what a greedy company I work for!

So happy to be almost done with this year. We're about to finalize some things with my citizenship at the beginning of next year and then hopefully head over to Finland for a long time at the end of spring. We're gonna try to get in to some school programs and Chris will get to start up some Finnish studies. I can't wait. We're both so done with life over here, and time couldn't go any faster.

Meanwhile, when we're still here, we try to make best out of what we have. And this certainly is not a bad season to be in Florida at all. Weather is really pleasant and all that. Here's a few pictures from the last few weeks.


Time to roast some Marshmallows!





Chris, Terri, Macky and Skippy enjoying the fire.


Can you see the bear in the coals? :P


Had a pizza baking day.. Chris made his first pizza!


Went to Vero to get some sea weed for the compost.





The radishes are not quite big enough yet..






Aaannd... it's a cucumber flower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment